Thursday, November 20, 2008

Physical Tragedy

Last year, I had a digestion problem just after I started school. After a couple of months, I went to see my doctor. He gave me some medication and said to come back if the medication didn't work. After a couple weeks, I went to see the doctor again. I took x-rays and other tests in the morning. Around noon, he told me I can't go back home because I needed surgery. Around four o'clock in the after noon, they sent me to Memorial Hospital. That was just the start of my physical tragedy. The doctors couldn't find what was wrong with me. I went to the emergency room many time after the first surgery and they found small problems each time. In December, on my second surgery, they took out my gallbladder. Even when they took out my gallbladder, it seemed like they didn't know what caused my digestion problem. After a couple of days when I came back home from the hospital, I called 911, and went to Memorial Hospital again. They never explained exactly what was wrong with me. I heard one doctor talk with someone about my problem on the way to my room from the restroom. My right side had a water packet and was leaking the water. The next day, they made me sleep and put in a microscope down my throat and cleaned out my organs. Eventually, they found my big problem while cleaning my organs. I had pancreatitis. From October 22, 07 to January 5th, 08, I had two open stomach surgeries and four times I went to Memorial Hospital. I am healing every day, and watch every diet for my digestion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soo lucky that the doctors find out your problem, I have a friend, she have the same symptoms as you had but the doctors don't know yet wath is her problem and her problems starts two years ago. I hope you feel better now.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first post! You'd think, with all our modern medicine, that they'd be able to find out what was wrong sooner! I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but glad you are healing and are here in my class!

Writers of the Future said...

I hope you feel better now.almost like you,last year I went in surgery too.

Anonymous said...

You are a very lucky person that you are still here with us.
You would think with the doctors that we have here today, would know a lot, but I guess it takes them a few years to catch up.
I am so sorry that you had to go through all that pain and suffering, but I'm glad that you are healing and getting better.

Anonymous said...

I know how that is my mom has cirrhosis of the liver. And she's always going to the e.r and.It change my day and nothing is fun any more............