Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Childhood

There are some memories that I have about my childhood. First, I grew up in the U.S.A until I was six years old. Then my mom took me to Mexico and here I grew up the rest of my childhood. During my childhood, I used to play with my neighbors and cousins. Also, my childhood was a very happy time because I didn't worry about problems, money, and things like that, so I just needed to worry about play. In this time I used to have a favorite toy. It was my teddy bear. I still have this teddy bear because it was a gift from my grandma who was my special babysitter.


I have one earliest memory from my childhood. It is when I was 3 almost 4 years. It is about when I used to drink my little sister's baby bottle. I remenber that my mom always gave a baby bottle to my sister and one to me, but she always gave me my baby bottle first. Then when my mom finished and gave the baby bottle to my sister, I already finished mine. Also, I always waited until my mom left my sister alone, so I could take hers. Then I went behind the sofa and drank it there. Next, my mom started asking, "Where is Maria's baby bottle?", and I was hiding. Finally, my mom found the baby bottle behind the sofa, and she just told me, "Ay Noemi."


I feel very happy about my childhood. I have good and bad memories about my childhood. For example, I didn't have my dad with me during it. Also, I learned how ride my bike. I used to ride my bike with boys, but one day I fell and hurt myself. Furthermore, I still enjoy playing video games. I started doing this when I was seven. Finally, when I was a child, I enjoyed playing with Barbies, but I don't play with Barbies anymore because now I think Barbies are boring. These are some memories that are important in my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so did you like your childhood down in Mexico our do you kinda think it would have been better in the U.S. ?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed with your story.
I have a one sister and two brothers. My parents were working all day. I should take care of them. When I cooked some food, we should to act fast, played the chopstick and mouth,that was one funny memory of my childhood.
Now my family are living in a diffrent country,sister lives in CANADA,brothers live in KOREA,but when we are calling each other we make funny story.
I miss my family all the time.

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean about the good memories and the bad memories. But it is always to think about the good memories over the bad. At least you can share them with your children.
You will also know what to expect when you are looking for something and you can't find it, especially when it comes to do with a baby bottle and you have two little ones.
Was it easier for you to live in Mexico than the USA?
Seems to me that you had not a worry in the world when you lived in USA!
I know what you mean about having favorite toys. I had a Teddy Bear when I was younger as well that I loved. And I agree about the Barbie dolls they are very boring!

Anonymous said...

it is important to have great childhood memories so that you can share them with your kids but also so you can feel good about yourself having a bad childhood can do a lot of damage to any person no matter who it is