Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Summer

Many times want to go on vacation and I decide is time to forget about everything and have a wonderful moment. Pretty much I focus in work come back home, sleep and not enjoy that much my time.

I had to go somewhere, somewhere that I haven't been in a long time. The beach a wonderful place, it has been six years since I have swum in the big blue.

My target was Myrtle Beach in North Carolina. I would love to go with my mom and family, but they are in Lima. So I went with the family of the love of my life. They pretty much adopt me as part of there family, "my new family", and I'm so proud to be part of them even though it could get me in trouble just because my new last name. Just kidding mom I love you.

I am not going to forget the same moment that I stepped on the sand;
I close my eyes and remembered old times when I was a kid.
When I was a kid I went with my parents several times in the summer of course with my parents and never forget mama's favorite food."Tallarines rojos y papa a la huancahina".

She knows is the best food to bring to the beach and my favorite food too. Yes, she loves me! I remember how my mom was worried about me being too far from her, always calling me:" Jenita don't go to far". Of course I never listened.

Back to the present I opened my eyes and one tear was falling from them. I started screaming: " I miss it, I miss it, I can't believe I waited six years!" It was hard to find the right time to go. My friends like to fly and before I didn't have a correct ID to do it. It was very frustrating to see my friends going with out me.

I enjoyed so much my vacation, I ran on the beach, body surfed, surfboarded, some diving and fishing with the family.

In the beginning I was kind of afraid to go in, but every time I went deeper and deeper and I start to remember how fun and how brave I was when I was a kid. So I jumped in , my eyes right away started burning, God! I don't remember that!
Well, I didn't care about few seconds. I started swimming like a fish in the water.
I'm not a good swimmer, but I love the blue. I wore a wet suit because I knew I would go to the water a lot and I didn't want to lose any of my swim suit, like it happened before, that I remember! Embarrassed moment eight years ago.

Diving and swimming I knew about the jelly fish, oops! Some how I didn't care I just wanted to have fun.

That was my best vacation in a long time thanks to my family. No matter what happens, it will always be in my heart.

The big blue.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good story, noticed it was the longest in class, great job.

Anonymous said...

What a great story, Jeny! I can hear your personality in your story, and how much you love the beach. I hope you don't have to wait another six years before going again!

Anonymous said...

I went to the beach about a month ago. I went to Galveston beach in Texas and it was fun I hadn't been to the beach in about 20 years. The last time I went was with my parents and this last time I went with my sister, brother, and sister-in-law. It was fun that was for sure..............

Anonymous said...

It is a nice story.I'm like how you wrote your feelings when you were in your vacation. Also, I love how you describe these pretty moments with your family.

Anonymous said...

That was a very good story,i would like to go at that part of the country too and visit the big blue ocean!!!

Anonymous said...

I HAVE TO SAY THE OCEAN IS LIKE A WHOLE OTHER WORLD AND I'M AFRAID OF WATER SO THATS AWESOME THAT YOU GOT TO SWIM. I WOULD BE VERY FEARFUL. GREAT STORY.

Anonymous said...

Very good story! It took me back to this summer when I took my wife and kids to Disney World. We stayed in a Disney resort for a week and had the time of are lives. Not only is it every kids dream to go to Disney World it's every adults dream as well. After a week there we stayed at a friends house in Jacksonville,Florida. Our Friend then took us to Jacksonville beach. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever saw besides watching my son being born and my wife on are wedding day . We are already planning our next vacation back to the beach next year.