Thursday, September 4, 2008

DRIVING WITHOUT SEATBELT

A few days ago while I was driving on Academy Blvd. I got pulled over by a trooper. I didn't have the seatbeat on me. I thought about putting it on, but then I said to my self what if the officer had seen me without the seatbealt, so I didn't put it on.

When the officer approached me, and asked me for my documents and told me she was pulling me over because the front license plate wasn't on. I told her I had it inside the car, and that I had recently bought the car. She went back to her car. She took a few minutes to come back.

It seemed to me like a very long time because it was getting late to go to work. When she came back, she told me I was having a break with the license plate, and that she was just going to give me a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

When she gave me the ticket to sign, and I saw how much the ticket was. The ticket was $72.00! So now every time I need to drive somewhere I remember about it, and put on my seatbelt, and ask everyone else that is in the car to put on their seatbelts.

Every body out there don't get caught without a seatbelt on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's AMAZING!!! I never heard of anyone getting a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. I'm sorry. That was an informal story. I will from now on wear my seatbelt because I do not have 72.00 dollars to fork up.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I got pulled over once for no front plattes and the ticket was only $15.00. She did you wrong I guess it is all about the $$$$$$$.

Anonymous said...

That's rigth Refugio, but sadly We always are waiting that something happend to do the things right.

Anonymous said...

You must always remember to wear your seatbelt. I remember that my brother would always get pulled over for not having his seatbelt on. I know he paid a lot of money for that so I always wear mine, and I think everyone else should too. It truly is a life savor.

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW THE FRONT OF MY BUMPER DOES NOT HAVE A LICENCE PLATE. BUT I HAVE A THREE STOOGES PLATE OF CURLY ON MY BUMPER AND COPS HAVE NEVER PULLED ME OVER FOR THAT. PLUS I HAVE A OLD TRUCK SO ITS HARD TO TELL IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SEATBELT ON.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess in your sake you wished you put your seatbelt on. Instead, at least get a ticket for the license plate. But, everyone is right, you should put your seatbelt on no matter how far you go when you drive.