Thursday, February 5, 2009

Go Steelers!!!


6 time super bowl champs is what I think of when I think of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I was born and raised here in Colorado but born a Steeler fan. Everyone ask's me why iam a Steeler fan and not a Bronco fan when I was born here. It begins with my dad who also was born here but has been watching the Steelers since the early 60's. My dad gave me and my brothers a choice on who we wanted to cheer for. My whole family is Bronco fans we had to have something to argue about so thats why I chose the Steelers.

People tell me iam one of the biggest Steeler fans they've ever met. You go to my house and theres Steeler stuff every were from my Terrible Towel,closet full of jerseys tradeing cards pictures,etc...... but my most prised possesion besides my wife and kids is my autographed football by the 2006 Steelers. My cousin was in Pittsburgh and was at a game against the Broncos. He had gotten me a football signed and brought it back to me were it sits in a glass case my dad made for me.

The schedule came out for 2008-2009 and I was shocked to see that we had the hardest schedule in the NFL. It kinda had me worried but as we got through the season with only lossing 4 games I wasn't to worried. We made it through the playoffs beating the Chargers and the Ravens advancing us to the Super Bowl against the Cardnials. Man was I excited to watch my team go to the super bowl, It was going to be history in the making. The Steelers with 5 super bowl rings trying to be the only team with 6, and Cardinals who have never been to the super bowl ever.

Feb 1 came around the day of the big game and I knew it was going to be a good game with both teams playing there hearts out. The first three quaters the Steelers had the bame in there pocket until the Crads came back with 3 touchdowns and a safety to put them in the lead with 45 seconds left in the game. Man was I on the edge of my seat nervous as heck. But then all of a sudden Big Ben our quaterback takes us down the field with a game winning touch down to Santonio Holmes our reciver in the corner of the end zone. With that win we are the only team in NFL history to have 6 Super Bowl rings. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD!!! I like steelers too.

Anonymous said...

There's no name attached to this post, but I'm guessing it's Raymond. Yes? :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not steeler fan but I watched
the game. And the last minute was exciting.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.... and I thought it was hilarious that you chose the Steelers so you'd "have something to argue about".

Anonymous said...

GO BRONCOS!!! Maybe next year

shantell said...

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!