Thursday, February 5, 2009

" Accidents "


Well - where do I start? First off being the age that I am now - growing up was pretty easy. There are a few things that haven't happened to me.

1. Never had any childhood diseases:
Like Chickenpox, Measles, or Mumps.

My mom tried putting me around kids that had them, but I just didn't seem to want to catch them.

2. Never had any broken bones.
( Knock on Wood)

3. Never had any operations.....yet!

4. Or Stitches of any kind.....
Until now -

My first pair of stitches - just so you guys know - my pain tolerance is Zero! If there is pain - there is me wailing like a little baby.

To start off my story, needless to say on Wednesday my day changed for the opposite -

I guess people learn from dumb mistakes - and let me tell you, I was being DUMB. I was using a dull, rusted, razor blade on my car trying to take off the emblem from the side of it. Well, I was doing pretty well...... until the end. When I turned around I must have sliced my finger, because when I turned back around, I saw a lot of blood. And a piece of the top of my finger was just hanging there! Disgusting! Yuck!!
I rushed to the hospital to see if I was o.k.! The nurse came into the room after about an hour saying, " You won't need anything, but just a band-aid." I was relieve, because I was told by my husband that I might need stitches, so I got a little worried. But when the doctor came in, the first thing she said after seeing my finger, " Oh yeah, you are definitely going to need stitches! " I said, " What?! " And I explained to her that this has never happened before. She told me, " It's not going to heal right if we don't use stitches! " So, I agreed. But let me tell you - the shot that the doctor gave me to make my finger numb was so much worse than slicing my finger!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry. I imagine how you was felling on the moment.belive me i know a lot about pain. I'm always sick.

Anonymous said...

I loved the last sentence! Great way to end a great story. My stomach was turning over just imagining your finger flopping around! Eewwwww!

Anonymous said...

i fell your pain i had to get 13 stitches last year on my hand

Anonymous said...

You are not along. I had a similar accident like you.