Thursday, January 15, 2009

" A Snow Memory"

I remember when I was little, and for me to see the first snowflake, was like opening my first Christmas present. Exciting!! I ran to the window, asking my mom and dad if Christmas was here. I thought Santa Clause was coming to town. The more and more it came down, the more I got impatient. Even though I didn't want to be patient, I knew I had to.
I asked my mom if I could go outside to play in it. The moment she said I could, I shot out the back door like a bolt of lighting.
The first moment when I touched the snow, it was soft and melted away like if it was on a hot day. I didn't know what to do. My hands turned as numb as if I sat on them all day. I had to run inside and warm up by the fire, like I was in the middle of no where trying to stay alive.
It was awesome, but like any child, who doesn't like the snow? Especially when there are so many things that you do in the snow: Build a snowman, have a snowball fight, and make snow angels. Lots and lots of fun!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a terrific first post, Angi! Keep on writing....

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! ANGI .