Thursday, January 15, 2009

'' A SNOW MEMORY ''

I remember when I was a child.
We were living in Chiuahua, Mexico in the mountains.
Every winter we were waiting for the snow. My mom always in the summer time she colleted the most firewood as she could use in the snow time.

And also our house didn't have windows. So to keep our bodies warm she would burn alot of wood in the chimney and we would fall asleep like a little babies.

Also my mom always made for us an '' ICE CREAM '' using snow, milk and sugar. we loved the snow like that. the taste was like a piece of heaven to me. We didn't know before about a real ice cream .
Now over here I like the snow . But not to eat. I like to look the mountains, Specially when the snow is falling. these mountains, look like the mountains in my town.They are always green like a beautiful garden in the spring time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is difficult for me to imagine having a house with no windows.... but you always have a way of bringing a little magic into your past, and a wonderful way of sharing your stories. Thank you so much for that.

Anonymous said...

this remember me part of my life when a was little.I lived in chihuahua state until i was 18 years, never ate snow but a played whit it

Anonymous said...

Danira, all those things we don't had when we were kids are the things that make us the type of persons we are right now, and make us appreciate all the things we have now including our family.
congratulations for your blog.

Anonymous said...

That must of been hard to live in a house with no windows, I bet being younger like that you must of had a great imagination. My son is 9 years old and he has so much of an imagination, that I can't even keep up.
Going outside in the snow is a lot of fun, but i never thought to make real ice cream out of it.
That's cool!!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautifal memory.