Thursday, September 24, 2009

How did I got my tomar?

When I was 10 years old my mom gave me a bracelet. I call this bracelet my "lucky charm".My mom lives in Mexico.That's why she gave the bracelet to remember her everywhere I go.She
gave it so I won't so lonely,sad and to keep up with everything I wanted to do.

Now that I came to Colorado Springs alone without my family when I was 17, it makes me unhappy.I'm trying not to feel like that because I think about my family a lot.I came to the U.S.A. to help my family by working really hard so I could send them some money to Mexico.

Also, the reason that I came here is to finish high school and graduate.The bracelet(lucky charm)that my mom gave me I carry it with me always.I never take it away because it makes me feel like my mom is by my side telling me what's good and what's bad.

Eventually, I feel her hugging me whenever I feel really bad.So my bracelet(lucky charm), it really means something special to me that I can't even explain.That's how I got my tomar.

5 comments:

Silvia said...

Its sad to hear that you are here alone, but also is good to know that you keep your family so closed to you heart.

danira said...

I am sorry that you are here alone, but you have to be strong for your self and your family.

patrick said...

that is a good tomar my tomar is this coin my brother gave to me when he was shipped off to germany.

sue said...

That is a sweet, sweet story Jenny. I admire your bravery and courage for coming here without your family. I hope that you have met some people in this class who are like family to you!

Anonymous said...

what is a tomar?