Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting the Spirit of Learning

It happened fifteen years ago. When I decided to leave the last grade of high school; because, according to me, I didn't need it.
I had a great job; therefore, I had two cars, lot of "friends", lot of parties: I was popular! My Dad always said to me: "Son you should save some money for the your future"; nevertheless, I didn't pay attention to his words.
Few time after that, something happened. My work contract was over, and the money began to decrease; therefore, my "friends" flew away, and I had to return the cars because they were illegally owned, then I had nothing, except by my self. After the deception, frustration or depression, I was walking around when I saw a school, and some rare force pushed me to enroll in the classes to finish my high school, and I did it.
At this school I met the love of my life; my wife, and she gave me the strength to keep outstanding about everything. Now I got the joy to learn anything; however, I realized there is no wasted time, instead; there is a chance to learn about the mistakes, and do the things in a better way.
Currently I'm a professional with a spirit of learning; however, looking for the success in this great Nation, but first of all, I need to upgrade my knowledge about this wonderful language.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Yes bad things happen often, but like many in the end we are rewarded with something really good. And i am so happy that your wife supported you that is good that ther is always somebody there to be with you along the way. I am so proud of you Angel. Good job!! And you are right it's never to late for anything.

Beau said...

It must have been hard to have had everything then be stripped of it all. The people you thought were youre friends but were quick to disapear when you weren't bringing in a consistent cash flow. It's then when you'll realize who your true friends are.

Silvia said...

Keep working with your spirit of learning, don't lose it or let it go anywhere.
Life is a big challenge and we never stop learning.