Thursday, September 24, 2009

HIS FIRST GRADUATION

Yeah! He did it!!! I'd be moved for one of the greatest feelings a mom can feel: PROUD. I felt like a peacock with widespread feathers. My son did it! He had his first graduation in his little life: "his graduation from the kindergarten".

This year at school that has passed, was full of challenges for him. It was hard because we had only a few days in Colorado when he started the school with no English for him and I only knew the fundamentals of English, just to communicate simple things to others.

Through the year my son and I were learning together the language with so much effort for both. But when the days passed, then the weeks and months, he felt a little more confident and secure, because he understood the teacher. And of course, I began to see a big change in him and in me, too.

Together, we undertook "The trip to the school life". Now, I look backward and see my child like a brave little person, because he did it great. Nevertheless my child didn't know the language; except "yes" and "thank you", he learned so fast the idioms. That's why I'm so proud of him.

2 comments:

Diana said...

It sounds like you were excited to see him graduate from his 1st year of school. Hope you feel the same way when you see he graduates from high school.

Herminia said...

Dear Sonia,

I like your story a lot. I have a nine year son and he doesn't speak spanish. We are practicing on the weekends now. He is very exciting about it, he likes spanish so much. I hope some day he can be fluent in both lenguage. This is one of the reason I'm trying to educate my self so I can help him better. Well Sonia is ben very nice meeting you and congratulation with your new baby. I think your new baby is going to be very smart also like your first one.