Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chapter 6 - Hard Way Home

In order to practice the art of FLUENCY while reading, I gave you all a section from Chapter 6 in Three Cups of Tea to practice, and then read aloud to the class. I was so absolutely impressed with your expression and pronunciation! I enjoyed listening to you, instead of you listening to me! :)

Let me know if you would like to do this activity again. This also looks interesting. Hmmm....what do you think?

In addition to FLUENCY, we also practiced VOCABULARY. Before reading Chapter 6, each group discovered the words they did not know in their text, and then had to figure out a way to teach them to the class. Here are some photos from that day!













2 comments:

Lorena Guzman said...

This was a wonderful story. I really like, because make me inspired to learn and to help others.
I feel a big admiration for Greg. He really work hard for those kids, for the school and for their education. I saw the videos and I almost cry because Greg's courage is amazing. I thing his heart is full of Love.

Angel M. said...

This is a really amazing experience, viewing this videos you can see the things you can reach with attitude, determination, and the courage to help others. It's a true story about a people helping people -especially kids- whom really needed the basics even for life, and now they can reach some of their dreams or just they can read more about the world and thinking in -why not?- helping more people. After all this is the most important thing that every one can do.