Thursday, February 4, 2010

WALLY


Last summer my family and I were on vacation to Texas. My husband is a construction worker, and he was working near Austin TX, in small town called Rockdell. Like everyday he used to go to work at 5:00 AM and come back around 6:30 PM.

One day he called me from work and he told me, that some body placed a picture on the
lunch room for 3 little puppies on sale. He told me that would be a good idea to buy one of those puppies for the kids. I said, " NO,NO AND NO!!" I never been great fan of dogs. I believe it wasn't a good idea to buy a dog. But my husband did not listen to me.

When he came back from work, he told me he bought the puppy, and I got very disappointed.

MY BIG PROBLEM STARTED!!!

But my kids they were very happy. They started to think what are we going to call him? They thought of a bunch of names in to the day. But just one was perfect - WALLY.

When Wally arrived to his new home he was loaded with flies, and I had to wash very good, we had to start training.

Wally wasn't really a good puppy. He bit the shoes, electric wires, chairs, very much everything. I was furious, but my children loved him.
The first 2 months were very hard for me.

After all this time I guess me and Wally get a good relationship. Now I am sure he is another member our family.

I LOVE WALLY!!!!

7 comments:

Ricardo said...

I gess wally become to be more then another member of aur family he is just one more kid,one and aur best friend, and we loved.

ricardito said...

I love Wally

Raquel said...

Irma I really love your story. It happens sometimes that animals become a big part of the family. Like your husband said its like having another child. Take care of that new baby as well as your kids too. Good luck with him,and be patient with him.

Lynne said...

Irma - I'm glad you love Wally now. We got a dog a year ago and I just adore him. He really is a member of our family too. I couldn't imagine life without him anymore, and he's so great for my kids. No one can be in a grumpy mood when he's around!

Anonymous said...

Just like babies, dogs are a lot of work when they are puppies, but give back so much love and joy you forget all the hardships!

Vicky said...

Well animals are very much like people. They feel,love,care,eat and sleep, and they protect you from anything. Thank goodness that you really kept that dog. If I was your children and you would have decided to not keep the dog I would not let you take him, but Wally is lucky to have a family like yours. By the way I love your story especially because its about a Family and a dog. Thank you for sharing.

Hunter said...

I understand how you feel, only from a different perspective. My mom got a french bulldog, but it was to much to deal with since our lives were already crazy. We kept him for two months, then my mom cracked and we had to give him back. I hope you have fun with Wally!