Thursday, February 11, 2010

A QUICK LOOK AT MY LIFE.

I was born in Chicago, Illinois, but my parents decided to live in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, when I was only 2 years, then in Monterrey, I studied the elementary, middle, high school, and the University. I graduated law school, passed the bar, and became a criminal lawyer in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.

I have one son he was born in Colorado Springs. He was born premature when I was 6 months pregnant. When Kevin born, he weighed only about 1 pound he was hospitalized for 3 months at Memorial Hospital. My son and I went to Monterrey Nuevo Leon and the years passed. My son had some difficulty walking, we saw a lot of Doctors and Therapist and nothing, one day my brother told me, "Don't waste more time, you and Kevin come live with me, and you can go to school."

It was a hard decision. I talked to my husband and he told me, "OK no problem, it's for my son's progress", thank God Kevin has better because here the Therapist put more attention for the kids.

I feel bad because my brother pays for a lot of things. The clothes, the food and all the stuff, but someday I will pay him back. I am coming here to Gorman School to learn English and I want to work here in Colorado, using my degree.

My husband and I connect to Internet and we see each other every day. He came to visit us in September 09 with my parents and grandmother, and he came in December 09. It was the best present that my brother gave us; thank God for giving me a big brother to help us, with every thing.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Congratulations Cyntia you are a better mother.

Irma said...

You are a great person. I am happy you are my friend. I love your son. He is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Your story made my heart beat more then once, is so sad how two people that love each other, can be that distance from each other. good luck and try your best to be with your husband as soon as possible...

Anonymous said...

Your family's devotion to your son is inspiring! Although it i difficult now, I believe that in the long run, you will all be richer - financially, emotionally, and spiritually - for this experience. Your faith is inspiring.

sue said...

Hooray for big brothers! I am inspired by the lengths that you and your husband will go to in order to help your son.