Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Memory

The days they pass to me, have beautiful memories to me. Filo and Elias were wonderful parents. I remember when my mom prepared the food, all her children arrived from the school, the smell was delicious.

My two brothers, my three sisters, and I sat at the table very impatient and waiting for my father. We stood up looking if my father was coming. We were anxious, and we looked out at the shadow of one stair that was outside the kitchen. My mom said, "When the shadow is on the first stair, we will serve the food because your father will be coming." It was 2:30P.M., but us six kids didn't look at a clock. We looked at the shadow.

We looked out far away at the bridge to see who was coming over the River Chuviscar in the street 28. We saw when my father coming, walking fast, some of us went running to find my father, and others helped mom to prepare the table with the food and all together enjoyed many, many days like this.

9 comments:

Raquel said...

Olga your story reminds when we were little kids, and also waited for my dad for lunch or dinner.Is really amazing how we are so close to our family up to this date... Hope you the best.

Eva said...

Love your story! It makes me miss my parents.

Sara GC said...

This creates a great mental image! I'd love to read more about what it was like for you growing up, you have a very unique voice in your narrative.

Eva Syrovy said...

I loved the part about the sun climbing the stairs. Great visual image!

Toxen Devere Le'boursier said...

That sounds nice.

Anonymous said...

The juxtaposition of the sun slowly climbing the steps and the barely contained impatience of the waiting children creates a great energy!

claudia said...

You history is desame to my life. I love my memories when I was little.

Vicky said...

Wow Olga that is such an amazing story it really touched me, because it made me miss my parents. Made me remember when I was a little girl. Thank you for your story Olga.I loved it!

Anonymous said...

it's a very beautiful memory!