Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Skin Color

When I was a little girl, kids and adults in Mexico, hurt my feelings when they called me "NEGRA". They laughed at my color. That bad experience made me feel sad. At that time, I didn't understand why the people did that to me.

I remember when my son Dario was born. The people came to my house to see the baby's color because they thought he would be dark like me. You can believe so? I had to fight every day with them, but guess what? when I came here and the white girls told me they would like to have my color because they have to be in the sun for a long time, or pay to get some color on their skin.

When I saw black and white people together I just understand that I have to be strong, so now when the people try to say something bad to me I just smile and ask for respect! I'll never let them call me NEGRA and hurt my feelings again. If they do I'll tell something back to them. I don't think that is good to do because no matter what color, nationality, or religion you are, we are humans.

We have feelings, we live over the same earth and under the same sky,right? We always have something to share with the others.

3 comments:

Racheal said...

You know what sucena that's right you always have to be strong not for others. but always for you and your kids and don't let other comments put you feelings down. Sometimes that happens to me and you know what i don't care this is the way God make me and I'm happy the way I look and feel about my self.You should do the same and always remember "BE STRONG"

HERMINIA said...

Dear,Sucena
I think you are so beautiful and a very nice person. Good luck in your school and I hope you can get your GED very soon.

KARLA said...

HI NEGRITA!
HA HA HA !, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL "NEGRITA" OR NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE VERY GOOD PERSON AND YOU HAVE VERY GOOD FEELING, YOUR STORY ALMOST MAKE ME CRY BECAUSE IS BEAUTIFUL JUST LIKE YOU. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND YOU KNOW I MISS YOU.