Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Son is Tough!


After my husband just got back from Iraq, my son decided to be a dare devil. My husband as you know was gone for 15 months, and the whole time my son was being very good (At least in this way of which I'm going to be explaining). Obviously kids do get into mischief, but like most kids, my son has never tried a death-defying act.



My son is nine years old, and he loves to skateboard. For Christmas he asked Santa Clause for a skateboard, a skateboard ramp, and then of course he started collecting the little miniature skateboards as well.



Well after he received these things, he did pretty well riding on it. Then last Wednesday night he thought he would surprise his whole family. I get a knock on my door telling me that Anthony (my son) had fallen off his skateboard while coming down the skateboard ramp.



When I ran down the street, it seemed like eternity. The road seemed like it was getting longer and longer, but I finally made it. By the time I got there, there was already a M.P. (Military Police), and she had already contacted the ambulance, and firetruck. When the ambulance came they loaded my son in the vehicle. We got there in five minutes.



As soon as we arrived at the hospital, they sent him directly to X-ray. When we returned from X-ray, we waited for three and a half hours, just so the doctor can either tell us it's broken or not. When the doctor saw us, he asked my son sarcastically, "Do you think your foot is broken?" And Anthony replied jokingly, "Yes!!" Then the doctor said, "Well Anthony you are right!!" Anthony looked at me, then I looked at my husband, and then my husband looked back at the doctor. This was a chain reaction! We all three said, "WHAT!? Is it really broken??" The doctor said, "Yes you did really break it! You broke your first metatarsal." Then Anthony looked at me and his father and said, "My first bone that I broke", with a smile.



That is why I say that my son is tough! Nothing seems or seemed to phase him, he is a straight trooper. I think he is more excited about getting his first cast, but when he got it put on yesterday, he made this comment that made me laugh. He said, " Mom I don't know about this, this cast is feeling like a Four-ton truck!!"

1 comment:

Celica said...

I loved your story... Like every mom knows, anything that happens to our children its like it was happening to us.. no matter how little a cut they get we still get worried and just wondering if they are in any more pain... Being a mother is not easy job.. Wish you and your son the best..