Thursday, October 1, 2009

Letter to Greg Mortenson

For the person who has the courage to try change the world, Greg Mortenson:

I'm in English class doing my best to learn and speak this amazing language, but sometimes I feel lost and confused; however, your book has shown me any dream in possible if you really want.
I have five kids, and three of those are in school. One day, they told me something about the pennies and a new school in the mountains. Sincerely I didn't listen, I just gave them the money with a "well if it's for a new school it's ok". Now I understand they were telling me about the "Pennies for Peace" and now I know the entire story about "the new school in the mountains" and the hard work that to entail.

Three Cups of Tea is a wonderful and inspirational story; therefore, make me feel more motivated to earn my goals.
If you could to build a school in Korphe of course I can speak English and be a teacher in the U.S.A
Thanks Greg.

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Having faith is all it takes Lorena to make your dream come true. Yes there are thimes when you will fall, but go ahead and pick yourself back up. Everything is possible. Like they say there will be bumps on the road, but you will reach your goal. And you know what else, that i have faith that you will acomplish it. Maybe later in the future you'll be my childrens teacher. I don't have any but in the future you might be the one. Haha funny right? Don't forget this world is small, but big things can happen. I wish you the best. That you get to be a teacher someday!!!!!

Diana said...

My brother always says "If theres a will theres a way." And I think thats true becuase, if you really want something in life you can get it no matter what. Remember NEVER TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER AND NEVER GIVE UP.

Silvia said...

When you want something you need to fight for it. Remember that we all have just one life, and we need to get the best out of it. Work hard and make you dreams come true.

Sonia said...

It's great that something like that inspire people, and you, of course.
Never give up.

Sucena said...

I would like to learn the second language like you and be a teacher in my place, also to help people like Greg.EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE! keep going Lorena.