Thursday, April 2, 2009

Have you ever eatten the brown rice ?

Now, my children bring some money for lunch in school. That way is too easy for mom.

I was in elementary school, it had many funny memories. At six o'clock in the morning, my mom cooked fresh white rice and some of side dishes, like vegetables,fried egg or ham, for my lunch box.

Then mom put lunch in the box made of steel. In winter, every class had a big charcoal stove in the center of the classroom. Many students wanted put their lunch box on the stove because that kept it warm. Whoever sat around the stove they should change the box's position often. If they didn't, whoever's lunch box was closest in the stove, would have to eat rice changed to brown. It would be burned.

This is one of my funny memories in childhood.

1 comment:

DANIRA said...

That's funny!!! It is true about brown rice or burn rice my kids and I love rice. Sometimes when i cook rice and I accidentally burn it I tell my kids that we have brown rice and they got all exited.