Thursday, October 16, 2008

MY STORY

I am Danira and this is my story. I am from Chihuahua, Mexico. My story is almost the same like the others. We came here for better life. I have three kids-two girls and one boy. I think they are the most important and special people in my life. They make me be strong for them.

I miss my family, my country, our traditions, my mom's food. I miss going to the river in the afternoon to catch fish. I also miss my grandmother's stories. I miss going with my sisters to pickup fresh chamomile tea and flowers in the mountains at morning time. Sometimes we didn't have anything to eat, but we were together.

Sometimes it hurts to be here by myself. I mean without my sisters, my mom and my grandmother. But here I have my husband and my kids, They are my other part of my family and I think that is the best gift in my life, Sometimes it hurts when you can't have all of your family together. I know in here, in this country, my kids can have a better life . They can choose what they want to do in the future. Of course if you teach them how they have to work hard for that. I come to the school to learn new things for me and for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you captured perfectly what so many immigrants feel. Beautiful story.

Anonymous said...

That story is very moving!
That must of been hard for you to experience no family around especially ones that knows your background. I lived in Germany for about 4 1/2 years and that was very hard for me to do, because nobody knew me and nobody liked me because I am American and they didn't like me being in their country.
But all I could do is make the best of it and be the better person.
Hope that everything goes well for you and you are able to maybe bring your family to where you are and enjoy your grandmother's stories yet again.
And you could always go down to a lake and do some fishing.